Here are the 15 most beautiful clarinet designs selected by Clarinet U editor:
The world’s most technologically advanced clarinet, the CG Carbon features a body crafted from carbon fibre with an exotic wood core. Using a patented process, carbon fibre is fused to the precision machined core, resulting in a clarinet with the robust projection and unmatched intonation that Backun is known for. Years of material analysis and real-world testing have proven the fusion process can endure wide-ranging temperatures and humidity conditions without expansion or contraction of the clarinet body. Tonally, the playing characteristics stay true to that of a wooden clarinet with the new Backun Scale. This signature model, designed for Maestro Corrado Giuffredi, represents a giant leap into the future… and beyond.
- Automatic Low F Vent Mechanism ensures impeccable intonation and performance every time.
- Inline Trill Keys improve key action and help move tone holes out of the water line.
- Carbon fibre rings and tenons offer increased durability and performance.
The RZ Solo Clarinets is not only the new RZ-high-end-model featuring beautiful design with silverplated keys and goldplated pillars and fine engravings, but also the first clarinet with a special 'no-crack'-mechanism (RZ-patent). The sound of each Solo-clarinet appears full, colorful and 'dolce', bearing resemblance to the so called 'individual soloist expression', providing easy and comfortable playing throughout the registers.
- Grenadilla wood, unstained finish
- 2 replaceable pieces for upper joint based on RZ-patent 'no-crack' included (1 grenadilla, 1 ebonite)
- Leather pads, adjustable thumb rest
- Silver plated keys with gold plated pillars
- Optionally completely gold plated keywork
- Attachment of the flaps between the posts on a concurrent axis
- Adjusting screws on different keys Carbon rings
- 2 barrels, RZ case, RZ cleaning set
Description: Highest range model, born by the result of pursuing the Boehm system principle.
- Double joint socket. A Socket designed with a dual structure in order to avoid any loss of air between the barrel and the top joint during the tuning process.
- YUKIO key. This system is based on the lever principle. The weight of the A key action is reduced to improve the operability.
- D double tone hole. A slightly stuffy D/A sound is cleared by adding a second tine hole under the left hand ring finger.
- F# & E mechanisms. These mechanisms improve the homogeneity of the sound and the feeling of blowing.
- Low pitch tuning key. Actioned by the right hand thumb key, low F# & low E pitches are rectified.
The Superior is perfect for players who are looking for a warm "German" sound. It plays very evenly throughout the registers without compensation by the player and is most at home in classical, symphonic, or chamber music environments.
With its naturally dried and unstained Grenadilla wood, it is at low risk for cracking and provides a dark sound that encapsulates the clarinet as an instrument.
The specialized bore of the Superior marries the brilliance of the Boehm sound with the warmth and depth of the German tone. The original, F. Arthur Uebel bell modification, ensures optimal sound, intonation, and projection on the low “E” and throughout the entire range. Its outstanding presence and projection throughout all registers, makes this model worthy of its name.